Home | Search/Browse

Mud (Substrate Group)

Component: Substrate

Unique Identifier: 282

Substrate Origin Geologic Substrate
Substrate Class Unconsolidated Mineral Substrate
Substrate Subclass Fine Unconsolidated Substrate
Substrate Group Mud
Substrate Subgroup Silt
Silt-Clay
Clay


Description
Definition Geologic Substrate surface layer contains no trace of Gravel and is composed of 90% or more Mud (particles less than 0.0625 millimeters in diameter); the remainder (< 10%) is composed of Sand (particles 0.0625 millimeters to < 2 millimeters in diameter).